For many of us, working out comes across as something drab and boring to cross off our list. However, we all know fitting exercise into our schedule is important for our physical and mental health.
So, if you’re like me and need some extra motivation for that workout, here is some music to get you moving and then help you cool off.
These songs are in no particular order. I tried to pick a good mix of familiar and less familiar works to keep things interesting.
Classic Songs That Make You Want To Move
Classic rock and pop songs are a great source of fast, fun rhythms and catchy lyrics to get you in the exercising mood.
- “Rock You Like A Hurricane” by the Scorpions
- “No One Like You” by the Scorpions
- “Welcome To The Jungle” by Guns N’ Roses
- “We’re Not Gonna Take It” by Twisted Sister
- “Cum On Feel The Noise” by Quiet Riot
- “Runaway” by Bon Jovi
- “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor
- “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor
- “Gonna Fly Now” (Rocky Theme) by Bill Conti
- “The Final Countdown” by Europe
Newer Songs to Jam At The Gym With
When you’re starting to feel that burn in your muscles, here are some popular, catchy songs to keep your mindset in “Go Mode”.
- “Hear Me Now” by Hollywood Undead
- “Circus” by Brittney Spears
- “A Cut Above” by Avery Watts
- “Lose Yourself” by Eminem
- “Titanium” by David Guetta
- “Believer” by Imagine Dragons
- “You Can’t Take Me” by Bryan Adams
- “Fighter” by Christina Aguilera
- “Stop Me When You’ve Had Enough” by Nural
- “Remember the Name” by Fort Minor
Slower Songs For That Cool Down
After all that sweat, tears, and blood—well, sweat, at least—make sure to take some time to pull your body back down to your normal breathing and heart rate.
Those Classics Again
Here are some older tunes to help you out.
- “Your Song” by Elton John
- “Imagine” by John Lennon
- “Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles
- “Hotel California” by The Eagles
- “The Piano Man” by Billy Joel
- “Yesterday” by The Beatles
- “True Colors” by Cyndi Lauper
- “Carry On Wayward Son” by Kansas
- “Fire and Rain” by James Taylor
- “Can’t Fight This Feeling” by REO Speedwagon
Today’s Chill Songs
Find your Zen after your workout with these songs.
- “Breathe Me” by Sia
- “We Don’t Have to Be Ordinary” by Something in the Night
- “Lonely Road” by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
- “Superman” by Rachel Platten
- “Stars” by Skillet
- “Unsteady” by X Ambassadors
- “Stand in the Light” by Jordan Smith
- “Roar” by Katy Perry
- “I See Fire” by Ed Sheeran
- “We Believe” by Good Charlotte
Lift your mood while you move because exercising doesn’t have to be that chore we dread. So, set yourself up in your living room, your running route, or at the gym and enjoy your workout session with these fun, motivational songs!